Nikon's 35mm f1.8 S lens didn't make Christopher Frost's list of 7 sharpest 35mm's he's ever tested

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
syberman7 Senior Member • Posts: 1,474
Re: Christopher Frost did not make my list of 7 sharpest reviewers

Rolf_52 wrote:

:))

Just joking I don't have such a list and I am sure he did his best.

There are many good 35 mm lenses around and sample variation has to be taken into account.

Whatever Christopher says my copy is superb and resulted in me selling my Sigma Art. Semms like a lot of Nikon shooters agree

/Rolf

That's pretty funny, although I do like the man. The main issue with his reviews is that they don't have any measurement data, just a spit balling of a resolution chart. That is, his reviews are subjective, rather than objective. He probably likes the Sony GM lens because it is f1.4. But the Sony's no good to Nikon shooters unless you've got an adapter.

I'm waiting for Roger Cicala to buy - or have made - a Nikon Z mount for OLAF, which he apparently is going to do (listen to his recent podcast at about 30:15). That will give us some interesting data to mull over.

syberman7's gear list:syberman7's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow