RP battery charger, blink, blink, blink?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan W Contributing Member • Posts: 814
Re: RP battery charger, blink, blink, blink?

SteveinLouisville wrote:

I have two dead Canon OEM batteries. I plugged in the charger, put one battery in, the charge light came on, then came back 2 hours later and the charge light was blinking. Took it out for 20-seconds, put it back in, and it glowed solid for a minute or two, then went back to blinking. Here is a photo of the battery contacts. Note, there isn't as stark a difference between dark and light areas in reality. When you slightly turn the battery, the dark areas are gold and the gold areas are dark, sort of like a hologram. However, the contacts are obviously worn.

I took the second dead battery and put it on the charger, where it is right now with the charge light glowing steady. I will give it a few hours to see if it glows "full."

Anybody else have issues with their batteries charging (or, not charging) and the blinking light? This indicates an error, so I have read, but I am not sure how to resolve it. I did clean the contacts on the first battery, but I don't know yet if that makes a difference. Thanks for all advice.

Batteries fail, thats what they do... Lithium batteries don't like going below 20% or being stored at 100% for any length of time. If they go completely flat, they may not be able to be brought back to life. And sometimes they just die for no apparent reason.

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow