Fujifilm X-S10 - Poor image quality on tripod

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
martins8585 New Member • Posts: 4
Fujifilm X-S10 - Poor image quality on tripod

Hi - recently returned back to photography after a 20yr gap so apologies if this is a dumb question.

I'm using my X-S10 with a XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS lens and when I've taken images whilst using a tripod the images have not been to the standard I was hoping for. (Blurred / poor resolution)

After a quick google it seems that IBIS / OIS could be to blame.

The manual seem to to suggest that IBIS can be turned off independently in settings and the OIS is turned off by the switch on the lens.

If OIS is on, on the lens then when I go into the IS setting in the camera menu there is no option to turn this off, only to select continuous or whilst shooting.

If OIS is turned off on the lens then I lose the option to select IS in settings in the camera menu.

The manual and some articles on the web seem to be suggesting that OIS and IBIS should operate independently of each other and I should be able to turn both systems on or off irrespective of the setting for the other system.

Am I missing something or are both systems either on or off depending on the setting on the lens?

Any advice gratefully received!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow