OVF and EVF. X-Pro3 versus X-Pro2

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Xshooter Regular Member • Posts: 472
OVF and EVF. X-Pro3 versus X-Pro2

I have an X-Pro2 and am considering getting an X-Pro3 for better continuous autofocus and tracking of moving objects. I’ve read about a lot of discontent with regards to the OVF on X-Pro3 versus dual mag on the X-Pro2, lack of frame lines etc. How do owners users of both feel about the OVF on the XP3 compared to XP2 with lenses such as 16-55 or longer zoom lenses. Yes I know it’s primarily aimed at shorter focal length and smaller diameter lenses, but actually for moving objects, seeing outside the frame lines box can be very useful for fast moving military aircraft etc. I expect the EVF on XP3 is a big improvement over that on the XP2 and I’d like user views on the EVF too, but it’s primarily the different OVF and usability with different sizes and focal lengths on XP3 I’m not so sure about compared with what I currently have, an X-Pro2. I’m not a street shooter, I take hiking or landscape photos, some military aircraft photos. I know XP line may not be the ideal camera body for this but I love it’s versatility and the top left viewfinder, not a middle one like on XT line. I can see the moving objects with my open left eye as my right eye looks into OVF frame lines to fly the aircraft into the frame box. I’d like better tracking and C-AF capability though. Thanks for your user thoughts.

I have no idea about post processing though and I'm mostly an OOC jpeg shooter.

Xshooter's gear list:Xshooter's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow