Cleansing loaned camera without damage.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Xshooter Regular Member • Posts: 472
Cleansing loaned camera without damage.

Hello this is an usual question I guess. I’m loaning two Fuji camera bodies to try out. Reason I ask about cleansing these loaned cameras is that I’ve been added to the NHS Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (UK Shielding) list for at great risk if I catch Covid due to combination of my underlying health and the medication I’m on. Haven’t been to any shops supermarkets etc in 18 months but have been outdoors lots taking photos, keeping well away from others. Usually I quarantine all post for a few days but cannot do as weekend loan period is short, deliver Friday and pick up collect on the Monday from home address . So with loaning out 2 Fuji camera bodies I wish to wipe them down with anti bac/anti viral wipes as I’ll be lifting up to my face and eye, but certainly don’t wish to damage them or cause metal surface issue with cleaner.
Would a dettol wipe or something similar clean a camera without causing damage? Any suggestions as I feel I need to wipe the items down properly before I’ll be able to safely use them, just because of Covid surface contact risk, even though risk is low. Please be sensitive with your responses, some of us photographers have different health conditions, I didn’t ask to be out on the Shielding List, I was told I was on it by NHS.

Xshooter's gear list:Xshooter's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow