Modifying the R5 EVF using custom Picture style

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike Engles Contributing Member • Posts: 933
Modifying the R5 EVF using custom Picture style

I am aware that no one is really interested, but just for completeness sake I am posting these two comparisons.

I started a previous discussion because I just could not see the shadows in the EVF in very contrasty evening light. I have fiddled about with the Picture Styler Editor and have come up with a curve based on the Landscape Picture style. This is not amazing but certainly better than the Canon style.

I used it all day yesterday, and it on the whole works pretty well.

Auto Picture style in DPP

My S curve PS

. So even in very contrasty light I can see the whole scene, which will certainly aid composition, which is what I wanted. I could have underexposed, but wanted to see what was possible, in Lightroom the RAW is fine and I have maximum headroom.

The picture style settings

This affects all JPEGS and the screens, but not RAW files

Canon is going to have to do something about using a burnt in JPEG style in its displays. The Picture styles are there to optimise the 'look' of JPEGS not really suitable for EVFs

All the best

MDE

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow