Tamron lens 150-600 collar screw mount

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
WongRQ Contributing Member • Posts: 664
Re: Tamron lens 150-600 collar screw mount

Marshareen wrote:

The coil that was in the screw hole has come out and lost. How to replace/repair so I can use the monopod.
Thanks

Hi, in case you are not aware, there are two versions of the Tamron 150-600mm:
- Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD
- Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2

I don’t want you to be spending money unnecessarily, I am not sure about whatever screw hole you’re taking about and what you lost and what you didn’t.

Appears to me that the screw is the one of the knob that secures the tripod collar to the lens. But I’m not sure. Could you send us some pictures?

With the information you have given, I could only find two (rather expensive) options:

You could go and go to Tamron’s repair website section and fill out the form and tell them about this.

Alternatively, you could buy a Tamron A011TL: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1122108-REG/tamron_a011tl_tripod_mount_range_for.html, but it did not specify which version lens it is for, and I’m thinking that it fits both generations of the Tamron 150-600mm lenses since there’s only one type listed on the B&H website. You could contact them and ask.

Before choosing the second option please check that your tripod collar is removable.

WongRQ's gear list:WongRQ's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow