RP battery charger, blink, blink, blink?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveinLouisville
SteveinLouisville Senior Member • Posts: 1,155
RP battery charger, blink, blink, blink?

I have two dead Canon OEM batteries.  I plugged in the charger, put one battery in, the charge light came on, then came back 2 hours later and the charge light was blinking. Took it out for 20-seconds, put it back in, and it glowed solid for a minute or two, then went back to blinking.  Here is a photo of the battery contacts.  Note, there isn't as stark a difference between dark and light areas in reality.  When you slightly turn the battery, the dark areas are gold and the gold areas are dark, sort of like a hologram.  However, the contacts are obviously worn.

I took the second dead battery and put it on the charger, where it is right now with the charge light glowing steady.  I will give it a few hours to see if it glows "full."

Anybody else have issues with their batteries charging (or, not charging) and the blinking light?  This indicates an error, so I have read, but I am not sure how to resolve it.  I did clean the contacts on the first battery, but I don't know yet if that makes a difference.  Thanks for all advice.

SteveinLouisville's gear list:SteveinLouisville's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow