Replace aging MBP with iPad Pro for Travel?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
acnomad
OP acnomad Regular Member • Posts: 111
Re: Replace aging MBP with iPad Pro for Travel?

lightandaprayer wrote:

and (2) it can be used gate to gate (unlike laptops, phones and tablets don't have to be shut down and stowed for takeoff and landing).

That is an extremely limited period of time that a computer cannot be used. Do you really plan on doing some essential editing tasks during those minutes? Especially landings, when most of us are focused on preparing to get off the plane as quickly as possible. . .

Agreed, but I fly a tremendous amount, so this time does add up it is more than 30 minutes per flight for taxi-out, takeoff, climb to 10,000 plus descent from 10,000, approach, landing, and taxi-in.  At present, I carry both an iPad mini for reading/videos/etc and a MBP for tasks requiring more capability. My original thought was to replace those two devices with an iPad Pro to cover everything. But it would seem that the photo editing capabilities sacrificed in using an iPad Pro instead of a MBA or MBP may be too great.

acnomad's gear list:acnomad's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow