Want better B&W prints than my current PRO-100

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
knutte Regular Member • Posts: 442
Want better B&W prints than my current PRO-100

had my P-100 a few years now, love the color prints, especially after profiling the monitor on my Mac. But the slight color cast I get with most of my B&W prints are annoying. Looking aat the 2 new printer from canon, 200 and the 300, the 200 being the updated 100 so I don't believe I'll get that much better B&W prints, maybe somewhat? And the 300 is using pigment ink I believe which if I;ve understood it correctly are better for B&W. I sometimes can go a few months without printing but never had any problems with clogging on the 100. from what I've read the Epsons are better for B&W but worse with clogging. So would the canon 300 be the best printer when considering B7W output for under US$1000? For paper I'm using RR satin papers at the moment. Not considering price per print in this discussion, might come later.

-- hide signature --

If you're a fan of oversaturated images you should skip my flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/164425702@N02/

Canon Pixma Pro-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow