iPhone 13 Pro main camera is worse than my 12 Mini

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
OP tomatoketchup Forum Member • Posts: 72
Re: iPhone 13 Pro main camera is worse than my 12 Mini

Ainisru wrote:

Anyone's thoughts on possible lens variation? Possibly the 13 Pro getting on the wrong bell curve, ending on the soft side, or even the 12 Mini getting a more sharp lens compared to other 12 Mini's? 🤔

Absolutely a possibility.  Though I've found over the years that Apple's quality control is pretty good, and it's harder to screw up a prime lens than a zoom lens with more moving parts.  That's why I was curious if others have found similar issues with their 13 Pros.

Regarding the previous comment about the larger sensor and "bokeh", the 13 Pro has the same size sensor as the Canon S95 from back in the day, and that camera had an f2 lens.  You'd have to be pretty close to something to get any narrow depth of field effect.  In the pictures I posted above, the wooden posts that are blurred are around 8-10 feet away, and the tree leaves are 50+ feet away.  I don't think at those distances and at this sensor size that it would be an issue.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow