Howdy! Looking for some advice :)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eatingasnack
eatingasnack New Member • Posts: 2
Howdy! Looking for some advice :)

Hi, I would really love to improve the quality of my nail photos (I'm a nail artist), and hope it's ok to come here to ask for any tips or advice you may have that could improve my photography.

I think it would help to show my photos next to those of a quality I aspire to and so because we are asked not to post other peoples photos I have created a link - collage of 6 nail pics

The top 3 images are my own photos. The bottom 3 are of the quality I'd hope to be able to achieve.

The tools that I have at my disposal-

The nail room I work from is small (think a small box room) and dark. Honestly I don't really know what I'm doing with the camera and find the settings intimidating. No matter what I try my photos don't have the crisp quality or lovely lighting of the bottom 3 photos linked above, for some reason even when I use a macro setting the photo looks blurry. I haven't yet tried the lightbox but when I've used these lights* they photos look harsh.
What settings/lighting arrangement etc would you recommend to improve the quality?

Thanks, Eleanor.

Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow