What do you think I should sell?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CameraCarl Veteran Member • Posts: 7,850
What do you think I should sell?

I recently bought an R5 and am very happy with it.  I am slowly making the transition to the RF system having bought the RF 24-240 and RF 100-500mm lens. I plan to keep my EF 16-35mm and maybe a 70-300mm IS L lens, but plan to sell several other lenses and bodies. My real quandary is which body to keep and which bodies to sell. Although I will be using my R5 as my primary camera, I like to carry along a spare body wherever I go.  I currently own a 6D, 5D Mark IV and 7D Mark II.  Since I plan to sell my EF 100-400mm lens, I can't see any reason to keep the 7D Mark II. The R5 with the 100-500 is clearly a superior replacement for the 7D Mark II with the EF 100-400 IS L II.

So now the only question is whether to sell the 5D Mark IV (where I can recoup about 50% of my purchase price) or the 6D (where I would recoup less than 30% of the purchase price).  The 6D is lighter than the 5D Mark IV and should be adequate for emergency use should something happen to the R5.  But the 5D Mark IV is a far more versatile camera than the 6D; and the 5D is a camera which I can see myself carrying along with the 16-35 as a second body when I am using the R5 with the telephoto zoom. On the other hand, I can sell the 5D Mark IV for almost $1000 more than the 6D. (Unfortunately i wouldn't make enough selling both cameras to buy a Canon R body, which I also considered.) What would you do?

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow