OCF Question

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dalan462
Dalan462 New Member • Posts: 12
OCF Question

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place for my question but I did the best I could and if I got it wrong I apologize.

I am up against a situation I have not had to deal with and I would appreciate suggestions. I am doing a swimsuit shoot at a local beach this coming weekend. The model is bringing along her 17 year old daughter to help her with changing and hair/makeup. The issue I have is with lighting. We are meeting at 7:00 AM so I am not worried about harsh sunlight blowing out my images plus I will be shooting in RAW but I do want to be able to open up any shadows and give the images a pleasing, balanced look.

I have gotten very used to using a speedlight off camera with a trigger and when I use it the setup works well. The swimsuit shoot will be pretty fast moving and the model will be assuming different and varied poses. We will also be using different locations and backdrops and I have a feeling that my having to constantly have to move my light (plus re-check the settings when needed) is going to turn into a huge PITA. I thought about asking her daughter to help but she is at the age where she is boy crazy and has her head constantly in her mobile.

My other thought is to mount a speedlight on my camera, put the camera into Aperture mode at F5.6 and set the speedlight to HSS and do it that way. My speedlight is a Canon 580EXii so it certainly has more than enough power.

My last option is to go full Manual with my camera set to F5.6 at 1/60 Sec with my speedlight on Manual and them use the flash output to give me a good Histogram on the camera display.

I would like to see everyone's thoughts on this and also any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Dalan462's gear list:Dalan462's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 80D Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow