Question for owners of Olympus 100-400 lens

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveS58 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,165
Question for owners of Olympus 100-400 lens

I'm currently shooting with the Olympus OMD EM1 Mark 3 and using their 75-300 lens which I've found capable in good light.  I have a street photography project that I'm working on that requires a telephoto lens.

The 75-300 was a good value for a lens with significant reach and the photos I'm taking with it are certainly acceptable.  But I wondered whether the quality of the photos, ie the sharpness, bokeh, focus speed, etc. would be superior with the more expensive 100-400 lens.  As an example, I recently upgraded the prime I was using, from the 17MM F1.8 to the 17MM F1.2 Pro which is 3-4 times the price.  There is a remarkable difference, IMO, between these two lenses.  There's a creamy quality and sharpness which is just superb, and of course the lens is waterproof and faster.

Advice from anyone with personal experience owning the 100-400 lens is much appreciated.

Steve

-- hide signature --

Steve Schulman
Steve Schulman Photography

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow