FZ1000: Does this work for both BBF and regular shutter release focusing?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flycaster
Flycaster Senior Member • Posts: 1,844
FZ1000: Does this work for both BBF and regular shutter release focusing?

I have been shooting local wildlife in RAW and using BBF for the last couple of years. However, I recently got the itch to go back and try shooting jpg to see just how good OOC jpg can be (with, perhaps, a little post for NR, sharpness, and "touch-up" -- if needed) with Photshop Elements or Photolab 4. Also, as many of my shots are at a distance from the subject, I'd like to give Digital Tele a try (can't do this when in RAW).

At present, BBF is set for A, S, and M shooting modes. To do this, I have Shutter 1/2 Press Release=OFF, Shutter AF=OFF and AF/AE Lock=ON with Quality set to RAW. To use jpg, I would reset some of the settings and save in C-1 and C-2. The resets, as I understand, would be going from Shutter AF=OFF to ON and Quality=RAW to JPG. When initially doing this, I didn't change AF/AE Lock=ON and want to know if my following observation is correct:

By leaving AF/AE Lock=ON in conjunction with changing Shutter AF=OFF to ON, I note that I may have the best of both worlds. That is, for focusing I can use either BBF or regular shutter AF without having to make any further changes. Specifically, I have found that either pressing (not holding) the AF/AE Lock will quickly focus or just fully depressing the shutter will also quickly focus. Does this work for you or am I out of the box; and if I am, where am I going wrong? Thanks.

Flycaster's gear list:Flycaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic FZ1000
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow