Gimbals duel: FeiyuTech G6 Max 3 Vs. Zhiyun Crane M2

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
OP Saint 112 Senior Member • Posts: 1,796
Re: Gimbals duel: FeiyuTech G6 Max 3 Vs. Zhiyun Crane M2

This week-end has been a disaster.

I downloaded the ON app on my smartphone. This was a very frustrating process. It's very confusing. The screen of their site is constantly clogged by ads. It took me several hours.

In the app the ZV-1 is not listed so I chose the RX100 IV just in case.

I made sure the ZV-1had WiFi and Bluethooth enabled, installed it on the gimbal, connected it with the USB cable, balanced it perfectly well, made sure all the axes were unlocked, and powered the gimbal on. It started vibrating and never stopped. None of the buttons responded. At one point it told me to unlock the axes. They were not locked. On the display both WiFi and Bluethooth were disabled. I had read somewhere it was a touch-screen but it didn't respond. How could I enable them with nothing responding? It was impossible to connect the smartphone to it. What to do?

I eventually gave up yesterday. I had spent most of the day on it and I was completely discouraged. I was wondering whether I was an idiot or the gimbal was faulty.

I gave it another try today. After several unsuccesful attemps the smartphone and the gimbal eventually connected. By miracle the Bleuthooth had been enabled. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade the firmware. I did it. Stuff seem to be on the right track, yet when I press the Shutter Button the cam screen displays: "Start movie shooting by pressing MOVIE". So the only way to start an stop shooting is by pressing the camera's button. It defeats the basic principle. The zoom doesn't work either.

It's very frustrating.

I saw a video on YouTube where the guy uses the same gears with no cable and everything seems to work.

Any clue?

Nick

Saint 112's gear list:Saint 112's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow