Traveling with only a phone camera Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
KAAMBIC
KAAMBIC Contributing Member • Posts: 997
Re: Traveling with only a phone camera

timoteotresgatos wrote:

I have a new phone with a 12mp camera which takes great pics and it even does HDR well for those high contrast days. It even shoots raw+high.

I also have a nikon D7000 which takes great pics but weighs as much as whale and is incredibly bulky with my zoom lens.

I wondered how it would work out if I traveled with just my phone? The exposure of this point-and-shoot camera is almost always right on.

I have seen stories on this site and others about serious photographers traveling with only a phone to exotic locations and showing great results

Has anyone here traveled with only a mobile phone camera? How did you feel about the results? Did you miss your "big" camera?

In the past i have used my ILC for a lot of casual candid shooting for family outings. Once sever years back i forgot my ILC and had to use my phone. It was horrible. My phones today are a lot better of course, ATM i own the best photo phone you can buy, the S21 Ultra.

I have also owned the D7000 on 3 different occasions. I'd rather have the D7000 with a cheap 50 1.8 than have to use my S21. The exception is WA shooting, modern flagship phones do well enough for me for landscape and scenery shots. But for the rest, i'd still go with a D7000 any day.

But we all have our own standards so in the end, you gotta decide what is good enough quality for you.

-- hide signature --

"Open, your blessed wings...
And wrap them, around all your things...
Keep yourself, in the company of kings...
Cause it's their hands, that bleed from the strings..." -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS R6 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
i8z
mxx
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow