Corrupt CCD Sensor? Just a firmware software issue? Lumix GX1 Weird...

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CrAus
CrAus New Member • Posts: 5
Corrupt CCD Sensor? Just a firmware software issue? Lumix GX1 Weird...

Does anyone have old firmware files (Not 1.1) for the GX1 - and is it possible to downgrade firmware? Or to force a fresh write of firmware? I am having a very strange issue with a used GX1 that was working fine for months but all of a sudden is behaving oddly.

If I take a photograph immediately after power on, tat photo will be just fine - but then the dimply becomes corrupt and so do the photos.

It will also take video fine, and if while taking video I also press shutter button it will take a still OK. But as I said above - when I turn it on, after about 2 seconds the rear LCD displays corrupted image (the menu and data display is all fine, just the image is corrupt)

By corrupt I mean it looks like the image below…

Here is a link to a video showing and explaining my problem..

as well as the 'initial' OK image, the corrupt images, the images taken as stills during the video, and the video the GX1 took. Any ideas? Thanks!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow