Traveling with only a phone camera Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,541
Re: Traveling with only a phone camera

mxx wrote:

timoteotresgatos wrote:

I also had problems occasionally getting the camera to focus on the exact spot I wanted like a foreground flower in front of a larger background. It can't always lock on to the smaller object and instead locks on to the background.

With most phones these days you can just tap on the screen where you want your focus.

FYI mirrorless can do it. TOUCH AF, or Touch Pad AF if using evf (use LCD similar as a mouse pad, finger tip as mouse), Touch AE, Touch shutter etc are nothing new to mirrorless.

In case of non OSPDAF mirrorless, basically the entire sensor surface can be used to set focus point without the restriction to the numbers and distribution of PDAF sensor points on the sensor of some models.

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please forgive my typo error.
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
i8z
mxx
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow