Suggestion before upgrading to 11:

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 11,516
Suggestion before upgrading to 11:

For those who plan to upgrade, it might be worthwhile to try enabling Memory Integrity first

(Settings, Security, Device Security, Core Isolation details, Memory Integrity)

on Windows 10 before upgrading. My Release Preview desktop gaming/testing drive passed the PC Health Check, so I allowed the upgrade last night. However, I found later that Windows 11 interfered with the drivers for my ancient but excellent Saitek joystick; they became unusable.

I had some warning by Memory Integrity refusing to function on Windows 10 due to problems with those drivers. That info was in "Review incompatible drivers".

The gaming/testing drive doesn't require as much security as the primary drive, so I allowed the upgrade without Memory Integrity being on. Didn't matter; the drivers malfunctioned anyway, and I did a rollback to 10 that seems to have returned it to full normal function; I didn't even have to restore my backup.

Thought I'd mention that in case others with very old drivers might experience something similar; best to check in advance and be prepared to roll back or restore a backup if necessary.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7R III Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7R IV Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow