iPhone 13 Pro main camera is worse than my 12 Mini

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Bob A L Veteran Member • Posts: 4,687
Re: iPhone 13 Pro main camera is worse than my 12 Mini

Thanks for sharing.  My assessment is that I'm not sure what's  up.  I can see the difference you refer to, but unable to dig into what I think about it as I would not want to make any harsh claims without seeing the full size jpegs straight from the phones to play with.  But my initial thoughts are - I see the difference, but not sure it  bothers me. Most people familiar with traditional digital photography have always had some problem with oversharpening done by phone cameras, so I could wonder if this is a case of reducing that amount of sharpening in the iphone 13 (a good thing, not a bad thing). I can easily apply some sharpening to the iphone 13 shot and make it much closer than posted shots. And I would rather add sharpening if I wanted to in post than have too much baked in the original. Then also I would not want to base my decision on one photo from each. I would want to see a pattern of the same difference on multiple photos. There could even be some difference in the downsizing of the two images by whatever means was used, so judging from down sized images is not good practice.

Anyway thanks for your efforts in sharing with us and good luck in whichever way you decide to go on this one.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow