Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III vc M mount on a M6 MkII

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
OpticsEngineer Veteran Member • Posts: 7,258
Re: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III vc M mount on a M6 MkII

I have an M mount Tamron 18-200 I have used on my Canon M5

AF is okay, but a bit slower than my Canon 18-150. Sometimes with the Tamron I get the orange exclamation mark saying it couldn't focus, although with a second try, it nearly always does focus.

With the Canon AF is always pretty snappy. I can't recall ever getting the orange exclamation point.

The annoying thing about the Tamron on the M5 is that the Tamron has a larger diameter barrel. So where the grip is, my knuckles are always rubbing against the lens. The Canon lens is smaller diameter so that never happens.

I like Tamron and I have a lot of their lenses. The Tarmon 18-200 E mount on my Sony A6300 is pretty good. But in this case with Canon, I think just going with the Canon is just a better choice.

The annoying thing about the Canon 18-150 is the lens cap pops off with the slightest tap, like when you set the camera down on a table.   Really poorly conceived. So I bought a Sony lens cap of the same size and it stays on a lot better.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Pentax *ist D +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow