Thoughts regarding a dead system. A bit of a rant.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xofydna New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Thoughts regarding a dead system. A bit of a rant.

My name is Andy and I'm an A-mountaholic.  Still using my a77ii, a900 and even my KM-7D (although I might have taken it for its last outing today as it actually started falling to pieces, the first-frame black issue was worse than ever ( first 12 frames black) and then it didnt like my memory card.  My a77ii is in constant use for real estate photography with a sigma 8-16 and although my a900 is already on a shutter count of 110k (they are rated at 100k) and has "jumpy" dials, I am taking delivery of a used Tamron 15-30 tomorrow to see if my real estate photos can be improved with using a decent full-frame lens on a ff body.  Of course I have an eye on used a99ii prices too.  My main reasons for not going e-mount yet are a) big hands that like a big grip  b) dont like the idea of having to clean the sensor more often than i already do  c) articulating screens are very useful to me  d) a-mount lenses might get really cheap, in fact the minolta 100mm macro i sold for 300 euros a few years ago can now be bought for about 150 here, and I recently bought a zeiss 135mm f1.8 for a very reasonable price.  e) I believe an a99iii or an a88 is just around the corner

xofydna's gear list:xofydna's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony a77 II Sony 20mm F2.8 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow