Current State-of-the-Art in SPP Processing Alternatives?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 31,051
Re: Current State-of-the-Art in SPP Processing Alternatives?

geni1105 wrote:

stansbca wrote:

Ok, I have X3f Tools running using the wrapper (0.56v3). I then run those through the DNG converter. Everything is very red. I must be missing something.

I am trying multiple RAW processors. That was Dark Table. Capture 1 seems to be working, but files largely have a greenish tinge to them. Still seems workable and SUPER fast. ON Raw was very blue. I'll keep reporting as I learn.

I may also try Luminar, but they make you purchase first and THEN have a money back guarantee. Not sure I'm into that.

Yes, unfortunately many raw converters do not support the DNG files created by x3f tools / Kalpanika.

Some cannot read the linear DNG format (I have an old version of Luminar that crashes), some do not interpret the white balance data correctly, some do not interpret the opcodes used for Merrill color cast correction (for example Capture 1).
I found that Adobe programs (Lighroom, ACR) work correctly, no wonder - they are the inventors of the DNG format. Also Picktorial seems to work.

Affinity Photo is another that doesn't handle linear DNG. I hadn't heard of Picktorial; it looks interesting.

Don

D Cox's gear list:D Cox's gear list
Sigma fp
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow