How to quickly change AF modes?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarBa Contributing Member • Posts: 886
How to quickly change AF modes?

Hi everyone,

I think it would be useful to have an option to program one of the buttons to switch a camera (e.g. K-3 III) to another AF mode.

Here's my issue .. I have it most of the time on AF-S but occasionally I want to shoot something that is moving, I have to press a button, select another mode and then start tracking. This can be achieved quite well with the S.Fn button on K-3 III but I prefer to have that for changing exposure compensation.

Another example is .. you have the camera in the Auto zone and it does not want to pick the subject you want. So a quick override that would switch the camera to manual AF point selection would be great.

For example, I would like to program the AF back button to be AF-C and the shutter button to AF-S. .. normally I would only do half press of shutter button to focus .. but to quickly get tracking, I would press the AF button on the back.

What do you think? How do you switch between AF modes?

Best,

M

MarBa's gear list:MarBa's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +3 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow