Oooone moooore lens kit question

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GreatOceanSoftware
GreatOceanSoftware Regular Member • Posts: 437
Oooone moooore lens kit question

So after 4+ decades of photography, I still have a tough time deciding on a lens combination for travel. I've spent the last 3 years trying to build a great travel kit. I've finally landed on twin XE4 bodies. (I own one, waiting for in-stock on the second).

Now it's down to lenses. I shoot mostly street and landscapes when we travel. Not so much evening or low light, or portraits. I reviewed my last 1700 "keeper" travel photos from the last few years and the focal ranges that I use are spread pretty uniformly over the spectrum from 8mm to 135mm (I have the 8-16 and 18-135 that I have been using for travel with my XT3s - both of which are too big and heavy).

My current lenses for travel with the XE4 bodies are the 10-24 and 16-80. But I'm also considering two other alternatives:

1. UWA prime (12mm Samyang or similar), mid range zoom (I have the 18-55), and a medium telephoto prime (85mm Rokinon 1.8 or similar), OR

2. A set of three or four compact primes.

My priorities are:

• Further reducing the size and weight from the twin zoom combination above, and
  • Minimize changing lenses (which having two bodies should help)

And some notes:

• I don't mind adapted or manual focus lenses, provided the added size and weight of the adapters is minimal
  • I don't mind cropping to 50% to double the focal length and fill gaps in coverage

What lenses would you choose for these two alternative combinations?

-- hide signature --

Randy

GreatOceanSoftware's gear list:GreatOceanSoftware's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow