DP2Q workflow on a Mac

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vogelkop Junior Member • Posts: 36
DP2Q workflow on a Mac

Hello,
I recently got a DP2 Quattro.
I am now reading and testing it up against my Sony A7RII (and my 1st gen Fuji X100).
At first I was about to tell myself to just stick with my A7RII, but then I 'zoomed in' on the contrasty areas and realized the 'medium format' quality of the foveon.. No ghosting from neighbor pixels.
But.. I also did read about the difference in quality from the Raw files compared tp the almost raw DNG.
Normally I am using Capture One. And I would love to stick with that.
Realistically I will never use the Sigma software. It is too slow.
So what I am hoping for is to hear about relatively simple workflows that others have settled with? Are you clever guys OK with the DNG files? Is it possible to get Capture One to recognize the camera and import profiles etc? 
I am also curious about opinions on my dilemma on whether I should shoot my Sony instead (faster, easier, newer, bigger files, more dynamic range etc..).
Oh.. and I do own a 44" Epson Printer. I would like to end up producing large Black and white photos in a quality that mimicks film. So that is also a reason for being interested in keeping the Sigma..
Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sigma dp2 Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow