Questions about the new On1 RAW 2022.

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ADW02 Contributing Member • Posts: 532
Questions about the new On1 RAW 2022.

In looking at the possibility of using the new On1 RAW 2022 photo editor as a replacement for Photoshop, I have to ask some questions.

First, can it access all of the third-party filters that PS can? Having played around with the trial version I can't find a convenient way to have it send a file to Topaz or Luminar, for instance, and have the manipulated image sent back. There no doubt is a simple way, but from what I can see, Luminar is not among those programs that On1 includes.

Most importantly, if everything works perfectly in On1 2022, in what way is it superior to my current setup, which includes PS, On1 2021, all Topaz products and all three Luminar plug-ins, as well as DxO Deep Prime?

I know that the advertisers for On1 love to boast that their software walks on water, and may in fact have created Heaven and Earth, but my exhaustive tests with their products shows me that On1 RAW isn't exactly the Holy Grail. And so I'm not seeing where a $149 USD upgrade cost will show me the love. Please, wise me up.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow