Enjoying My J5 - Granville Island

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cyuill2007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,168
Enjoying My J5 - Granville Island

I definitely get why forum members have "Oohed" and "Aahed" about the J5 + 10-30mm PD-Zoom. I am very pleased with the images that combo produces. (I still wish it had an EVF.) Two evenings ago I took some shots around Granville Island in Vancouver.

While I was there I had a brief conversation with a driver who had just parked his vehicle and was having trouble with paying for parking with his pay-for-parking app. He saw the J5 hanging from my neck.

DRIVER: Do you know how to pay for parking here?... (After looking at my J5) Oh, of course you don't - you're a tourist.

Actually, I was born here in Vancouver, and have lived here for most of the last 32 years. (As it turned out, it was around 7:45 PM, and the need to pay for parking ended at 6:00 PM.)

J5 = Tourist (Useful information!)

If you ever make your way to Vancouver, Granville Island is a fun place to go, and a great place for photographic opportunities. And bring your J5 (or other Nikon 1 camera) .

Old Crane, Railspur District, Granville Island

Twisty Tower, from Granville Island

Ocean Concrete Plant Before Sunset, Granville Island

False Creek, Burrard Street Bridge, and Downtown Vancouver - from Granville Island

Window Display, Vancouver Studio Glass, Granville Island

The Liberty Distillery, Granville Island

cyuill2007's gear list:cyuill2007's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Nikon 1 J5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow