an other kind of catch in focus

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KPM2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,471
an other kind of catch in focus

Hello,

Pentax has for us the catch in focus, which also works with my DA 55-300mm PLM. For my birdhouse picture this catch in is not so practical, when I try to take a picture of a bird which is still in flight short before the birdhouse, The catch in is not predictive, and therefore the focus point in the picture is not there, where I wont, because when the camera release via the catch in, the bird is in the meantime closer. I think it is not so difficult, to add an other catch in focus mode for our cameras. We use as usual the catch in AF, but when the object arrived at the catch in focus point, the camera activate now it's AF-C focusing, maybe even allow now a AF point array, and do a series of pictures and do focusing.

Why would this be good ? In my case, when I use AF-C and wait in the OVF when a BIF-bird is coming into the scene.....my reaction time is too long for to get a picture. Or in other words, when I react and fully press the shutter release....the bird is out of the scene and is in the meantime sitting in the birdhouse and I got, do to the absence of a bird in my scene a tack sharp focused picture of the trees fare away in the background.

But a camera in the catch in mode could have a much quicker reaction time, only it need than to switch to AF-C and do at once pictures, without that we have to fully press the shutter release button for this...than, maybe, a BIF-bird picture around (in my personally case) my birdhouse (short before the landing zone) could be photographed.

best regards. KPM2

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow