The A1 body overheating after playing with menu settings for more than an hour

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dmeight
dmeight New Member • Posts: 20
The A1 body overheating after playing with menu settings for more than an hour

I have had my Sony A1 for two days. This is a very nice camera, but unfortunately I have noticed it gets much hotter than the A7SIII I have been using last year. The mere increased body temperature of the camera didn't worry me as much as the fact that it turned off due to overheating after about one hour of playing around with the menu settings. At that time, I had the factory default settings (the overheating warning was set to standard).

At first I thought that maybe I had a faulty copy and decided to run tests. When it comes to video recording (8K, 4K 50p), after changing the overheating warning to high, I get results similar to those of Gerald Undone. The camera is getting extremely hot (I think someone with softer hands could burn themselves), but it does not turn off.

After changing the temperature warning to high, the situation that the camera turned off has not been repeated (also while playing with the settings in the menu). However, when I use the camera in photo mode, I take single photos, I play with menu settings, the camera temperature is a bit beyond the limits of comfort. Never had any camera that warmed up like this while taking pictures and playing around with the menu settings.

I used the camera in a room where it was 25 C with a 24mm GM lens.

How does it look with your A1 bodies?

dmeight's gear list:dmeight's gear list
Sony a1 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow