Canon R5 EVF

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
pkoenig2001 Contributing Member • Posts: 819
Re: Canon R5 EVF

Hi Mike,

I have been using an R6 for about a year and only used OVFs prior to that I never had an issue with the EVF before. However, this week I was on a trip shooting Fall foliage in upstate New York (USA) and found that I had noticeable trouble discerning subtle colors in the EVF and it bothered me. I never noticed it before and wondered if it was related to my only recent upgrade to the latest firmware. I plan to experiment with whatever EVF and picture style adjustments are available to me.

I love the R6 and generally have no trouble with the EVF but this is the very first time I feel that it got in the way. It is not enough for me to consider going back to a DSLR, however you raise a valid point. Rather than acknowledge that, some folks here simply get defensive.

Let us know if you find a solution or what you end up doing. I find experiences  and opinions like yours helpful.

Phil

-- hide signature --
 pkoenig2001's gear list:pkoenig2001's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow