I drowned my K-1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Atherton New Member • Posts: 17
I drowned my K-1

I took it into the ocean in an Optic rubberized plastic case to take a picture of a baby shark. I held it underwater for a while and all seemed good but I was shooting pictures of fish and it stopped working.  I came up and the case was full of water.  I washed it in fresh water and put it in a dehumidifier for 4 days but it's dead.  I guess I should have sent it in wet, but because it was being used as it got wet the circuits are probably fried.

Anyone have experience with something like this and what could be done?   The lens does't work my K-3 so it's electronics are gone as well.  It's probably unsalvageable.

I wish Pentax was coming out with an upgrade.  I hate spending money buying something I have already been using for 5 years.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions you might have,

Thanks

Atherton's gear list:Atherton's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II Sigma fp Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +5 more
Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow