Who else is really excited about OMDS 20mm F1.4 Pro?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlmostDoctor Contributing Member • Posts: 942
Who else is really excited about OMDS 20mm F1.4 Pro?

I know I am.

Granted, we still know very little about the lens. But if the pro lenses Olympus/OMDS has released in recent years are indicative of what's to come, I think we can expect great IQ, solid construction and weather resistance, and fast auto focus.

If it is smaller than Oly 12-45 F4 in size (very likely based on the rumors), has 9 or more aperture blades, and produces nice sun stars, it might be a pre-order item for me as long as it's priced under $850 USD.

I have found that for me, 17mm~20mm seem to be the sweet spot for a walk-around lens. I often find 15mm to be too wide for environmental portraits and 25mm a bit too tight for multiple subjects or capturing scenes.  In terms of image quality and features, my Oly 17mm F1.2 Pro is perfect...but it's a little too large to  carry around for no reason and it can be intimidating for casual outings. I also have Lumix 20mm F1.7 and it generally produces great pictures and very inconspicuous, but it doesn't have any WR and AF is frustratingly slow and can't handle CAF. OMDS 20mm F1.4 would be a fantastic alternative for those two lenses if it renders anything like the 17mm pro and sized like 12-45 F4 pro. Imo, that would be the perfect balance between quality and size.

AlmostDoctor's gear list:AlmostDoctor's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow