Any point in 17mm F1.2 if I was getting a 10-25mm F1.7?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TowheeTail
TowheeTail Forum Member • Posts: 58
Any point in 17mm F1.2 if I was getting a 10-25mm F1.7?

I haven't posted on this forum in years, used to have a different screen name.  I just had this question, and was curious of the opinions of people who have used at least one of these lenses.

I recently acquired a voigtlander 10.5mm, and love it.  The 10.5mm FOV was really fun while out in my new city exploring recently, and I wanted to love it, but also dislike the limitations of IQ and aperture, and like to do semi-serious astrophotography.  So I realized I could sell that voigtlander to pay for a 10-25mm F1.7 with some saved funds.  I ordered it, and should have the panaleica zoom in m next week.   I plan on listing the voigtlander for sale, though I will miss it slightly, that mf feel was lovely.

• As I was pulling the trigger on the most expensive lens I have bought since the 300 F4, I realized I might not even need my 17mm F1.2.  I love that prime, but it is the most niche lens I have.  I'm not sure there is any property so good in the olympus lens that I will miss, especially from how good F1.7 is supposed to be on the panaleica, but maybe I can think of reasons to keep it.  I'm kind of just curious if anyone has any opinions.  I'm probably a year out from my biggest purchase, the 150-400 F4.
 TowheeTail's gear list:TowheeTail's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ Olympus 8mm F1.8 Fisheye Pro +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow