Lumix G9 battery issue with Olympus 8-25mm F4 Pro

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BrettH99 New Member • Posts: 2
Lumix G9 battery issue with Olympus 8-25mm F4 Pro

I recently purchased the Oly 8-25mm F4 to go with my Lumix G9. I'm loving the extra wide angle.

I've now had two recent incidents where the battery has discharged completely from at least half a charge. This happened very quickly. The discharge also lost date/time etc so it was a real pain.

I think it was the same battery which is a 11/2019 dated battery (so not old).

The one common thing was that I (accidentally) left the camera turned on. I have the camera set to turn off after 5 mins so this should not have been an issue.

The Oly lens displays a message "Rotate the zoom ring to extend lens" when it is in the 'parked' position, which it was both times I had the issue.

What I am suspecting is that maybe the Oly lens somehow is draining the battery when it is 'parked', even though the camera should shutdown after 5 mins. Either that, or maybe the battery has just gone bad.

I have not done more testing to rule things in or out, mainly because I am losing config data on the camera when it discharges.

Has anyone else with the G9 / Olympus 8-25 F4 seen this issue?

BrettH99's gear list:BrettH99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic 35-100mm F2.8 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm F4 Pro
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow