Tamron SP90 F017 upgrade for Z

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rich_cx139 Senior Member • Posts: 2,313
Tamron SP90 F017 upgrade for Z

I am i annoyed:

There is NO liability for Tamron to make any of its DSLR lenses usable with the Z/FTZ. It is simply that if it hadn't done so it would have been a problem for its users and, possibly, some loss of market.

Almost the last lens to be "fixed" was the F017. It was difficult and the mod requires a firmware and a hardware mod.

My issue is NOT the time it has taken nor that there may be an entailed cost for the owner.

My issue is that Transcontinenta, the UK agent for Tamron has sent out an invitation to send the lens to their sub-contractor and invites the user to discuss with their sub-contractor whether additional charges are to be paid.

My Naive view is that if I want Tamron to fix something ( though I may need to pay for this ) then I want to contract with Tamron and NOT one of its subcontacters.

When did you last go to McDonalds, found the lettuce not up to scratch and the person at the counter said: well you need to call Mr Jones at Bryn Hyfred Farm who supplied us.

ITS THE SAME THING !!!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow