Nikon 200-600mm When?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Oswego Regular Member • Posts: 130
Re: Nikon 200-600mm When?

Hanawi wrote:

I agree with this. Most of the responses point out the F-mount capabilities, which I agree with as well. However, for those, like myself, that don't have F-mount lenses, it's really hard to justify buying into a mount that Nikon has made clear is on its way out. I'm a hobbyist, so a telelphoto is an investment for me. And while the Z system and lenses seem to be home runs, they are limiting their ability to attract folks to switch from another brand without a full lineup.

Buying into a system with no lens available for all the ranges I want is on me, yes, but Nikon has had the 100-400 and 200-600 on their roadmap for two years now. They have released multiple lenses in the 24-50mm range between primes and zooms and still nothing above 200mm. At some point, the road map itself becomes disingenuous, especially if they release lenses that were added later without releasing the earlier ones.

I agree with you.  They have a 20 and a 24 and multiple lenses in the 50mm range. I’m no lens designer, but you would think they would want to flesh out the entire system before going over some focal lengths they already have lenses for.  When people start looking at new cameras, yes they can keep their Z mount glass, but they have told us since the start all the advantages of the new mount.  I really hope they at least announce a release date for the 200-600 to keep enthusiasts on board a while longer.

Oswego's gear list:Oswego's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z6 II Sigma 24-35mm F2 DG HSM Art Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow