Help a lazy and uninterested amateur choose a camera for videography

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DominicVII Contributing Member • Posts: 552
Help a lazy and uninterested amateur choose a camera for videography

Greetings,

I need to interview someone for an academic project. The sound quality must be excellent and the video will be uploaded online. The editing process should be as simplistic as possible, preferably in-camera.

I currently own an em10-mkII, which doesn't have a microphone jack.

The devices I am considering are:

Lumix G110: because it apparently has so many editing functions packed into the camera.

Lumix G81: but it appears to lag considerably behind G110 in terms of video-editing features.

If you believe there are other brands or models I should be considering please let me know, e.g. there are those who speak highly of m50 and a6100.

And will this microphone be sufficent if two persons, seated approximately 2.5 metres away from the camera and the microphone, were to have a conversation?:

https://www.amazon.de/Rode-VideoMic-Kamera-Mikrofon-Halterung/dp/B00GQDORA4/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=mikrofon+kamera&qid=1632528296&sr=8-4

Thanks in advance.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow