My RF mount collection - nearly there 35, 50, 85 budget, 24-150 STM 100-500 800

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MannyV
MannyV Contributing Member • Posts: 886
My RF mount collection - nearly there 35, 50, 85 budget, 24-150 STM 100-500 800

Over a period of time as and when there was promo on the budget primes I acquired them. So far I have the 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm, all budget ones. I made an exception and preordered the 16mm as well. I am good in primes.

In zoom lenses I sold the 24-240 for slightly more money than what I paid

And I got the 24-105 STM for 300CAD brand new from craigslist seller. My reasoning - the 24-240 was sharp, focuses fast, had excellent contrast and colours. The 24mm uncorrected vignetting in my opinion is not an issue. If one views the uncorrected RAW - it is much wider than 24. Once one crops to remove the vignetting what's left is 24mm. That is my unscientific opinion. The only con for me is - it is heavy and bulky as compared to the 24-105 STM. I plan to eventually get the 24-70 2.8. Till then I will use the EF 2.8 version for events and demanding photography. For landscape and in general - I will use the 24-105. It is lightweight and I can toss it in the bag.

For telephoto - I had the 800mm f11 since the launch time. That lens I also preordered as soon as I could and it is amazing lens and over the year and some months it has given me some amazing birds and wildlife pictures.

Just this week I got the 100-500 in my hands. The original plan at launch time was to wait for a year or so in the hope to get some street prices. It didn't happen. This lens never went on promo in Canada.

The 100-500 is amazing lens. Feels surprisingly small and lightweight yet keeps it premium look feel and handling. From the few pictures I have taken so far .... it is sharp sharp sharp and excellent colours, and contrast. Love it so far.

Love my collection of lenses.

Are you also in similar situation where you are acquiring what you had planned?

-- hide signature --

Manny
Still draft and working towards it - https://www.digitalphoto.work

Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow