Can't do EVF. Will Canon, Nikon , Sony care?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Spaar
John Spaar Senior Member • Posts: 1,001
Can't do EVF. Will Canon, Nikon , Sony care?

For thouse of us who helped to keep these folks going for so many years. Will they remain loyal to those of us who need opitical viewfinders.

I cannot use an EVF for more than a few minutes without eyestrain.

When I shoot night landscapes or sports and contiinually have to go from a lighted screen to dark scenes  and back.

When I am in the studio and need the wide open viewfinder for compostion and focus, etc.

I am just wondering if they will will leave us in the lurch or understand that there are many of us who cannot or even choose not to leave our optical viewfinders.

I know it is considered progress, but  I am also concerned about the side effects of adding one more screen into our already overly electronic lives.

I am not making this up. There are literally hundreds of websites dealing with the negative effects of electronic screens close to our faces and eyes.

I now have five  Canon DSLR's and I pray they will carry me till the end, but what about folks still building their  equipment inventories.

Has anyone seen any news from the top camera manufactures  as to their addressing this issue?

-- hide signature --

A purist at heart to protect the art

John Spaar's gear list:John Spaar's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow