Problem with rotating portrait mode images in R5

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ppage
ppage Senior Member • Posts: 2,233
Problem with rotating portrait mode images in R5

I have come across an annoying problem with the R5 and I wonder if anyone has a solution. With my 70D and previous Canon digital cameras, I could configure the camera such that any image taken in portrait mode would fill the entire back panel but would still display “upright” when imported into any photo editing software on the computer.

I can’t seem to configure the R5 that way.

The R5 has a “Rotate Stills” function on the Playback menu, but it must be invoked for each and every image. So for every image I take in portrait mode, I have to go to this menu option to rotate the image. Furthermore the setting is remembered for that image and if I don’t rotate it back the other way it will be “sideways” when I import it into Lightroom.

I’ve been through all the menu settings several times but haven’t found a solution to this. I’m really hoping that there is one; this is a step backwards for this camera if there isn’t.

Any ideas?

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow