Struggling with sequator

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Robert Seso Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Struggling with sequator

Khanhy wrote:

Hi, TIFF format helped! But even though the quality is better, it's still not as good as it shows in both lightroom and windows viewer. Kinda loses its purpose if I need to rid of noise, but at the same time reduces color and contrast kindof.

I don't quite understand what are you comparing it to, i.e. what images are you viewing in Lightroom and Windows viewer vs. the Sequator output?

When you were stacking your images, did you have the option "High dymanic range" in Sequator turned on? If yes, try turning it off and stacking again.

In general, the stacked astro images (regardless of the software you use) tend to look flat and with little contrast at first, but they normally have a lot of information in them and must be stretched in Photoshop (or similar) to pull out all the information from them. Check on YT at astro photography stretching - YouTube - there are a lot of videos showing how to stretch the astro images after stacking. You'll be surprised how much can be pulled out of them if you do it right.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow