Edit or not?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MacM545 Contributing Member • Posts: 652
Edit or not?

For myself, it happens very often- if not all of the time- that an unedited RAW file from my camera looks spectacular (at least as long as the exposure and composition is correct). I'm not overly sure how much sense this is going to make. I typically don't edit images to the extent at which they're surreal-looking. In landscape photography particularly, a moderate edit can have a great look. Unfortunately, I don't know how much editing of a particular image needs to be done to attract the most peoples' attention- or to leave the editing alone and upload the unedited version. AFAIK, there are probably a vast amount of people who'll think that the unedited looks best, while another great deal of people might like the moderately edited version. I'm sure that there are probably many people who like surreal images, but not as much. I've even considered to organize my Instagram and Flickr in such a way as to make each be a gallery of images based on how much editing has been done, then see how it might go. For example, upload unedited images to Flickr, and the same images to Instagram, but for Instagram, use the edited photos (but not edited too much as to look surreal). But maybe the best option might be to use varying amounts of editing on my photos?! There seem to be a multitude of options that have been forming in my mind, but no definitive clues as to what is best. Do you see where I'm going with it? Thanks.

MacM545's gear list:MacM545's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 500D Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Fujifilm 50-230mm II +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow