Why is ON1 Photo Raw showing green fringing where none should exist?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Platographer Contributing Member • Posts: 731
Why is ON1 Photo Raw showing green fringing where none should exist?

I have been trying ON1 Photo Raw recently. This problem was present in both 2021 and 2022 versions. Upon importing a certain raw file, I noticed very bad green fringing in several parts of the photo, where there is no visible green fringing on the OOC jpeg (when opened in ON1 or elsewhere) or the rendering LR provides with the same raw file, even without any green defringing applied in LR. Using green defringing in ON1 does not fully remove it even at max and that causes issues elsewhere in the photo. Converting the raw file to DNG prior to importing to ON1 does not resolve the issue. I can remove virtually all of the green fringing with local desaturation of green using a color adjustment filter, but it still doesn't look quite right and that is a lot of work to do for green fringing that shouldn't even be there in the first place.

Does anyone have an explanation for this or any advice? I bought ON1 Photo Raw 2022 before I realized this problem and I really want to make it work as my primary editor. Below is a screenshot of the raw file in ON1 (left) compared to Lightroom (right) at 200%. Both images have white balance at 5400, tint +6, and highlights -100. The ON1 version has max green fringing reduction and no purple fringing reduction while the Lightroom version has no green fringing reduction and very slight purple fringing reduction.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow