Nikon 16-80 DX 2.8-4e ED lens focus override not working

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
m1964 Contributing Member • Posts: 754
Re: Nikon 16-80 DX 2.8-4e ED lens focus override not working

Tumblingrun wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. With a bit more than a gentle twist of the focusing ring I was able to free it and it now turns. Was unable to move the M/A - M switch however but I rarely use the M selection on the lens just the override.

I just checked mine. I almost never use focus override and don't even remeber wnen I moved the focus mode switch- probably when I got the lens a few years ago.

On mine, the focus ring moved fine, the switch needed a little effort, probably because I never used it.

If you used the lens outdoors,  in dusty environment, it possible some dust got into the mechanics.

You can try spraying electrical connector cleaner/lubricant around the switch, or possibly send the lens to Nikon for servicing.

I would not apply increased pressure to either one-the focus ring or the switch.

m1964's gear list:m1964's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Tamron SP 85mm F1.8 Di VC USD Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Tamron SP 35mm F1.4 Di USD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow