Ultrawide vs. Prime Photo Stitch

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RedDragon_BZ Junior Member • Posts: 32
Ultrawide vs. Prime Photo Stitch

Howdy all!

Am looking to start getting much more into landscape photography as I am learning.  I've been watching lots of videos and came across an interesting one that spoke about different focal length pros and cons.  I've been renting the RF 16-35mm and will look to make a purchase of that or a 50mm in the next six months.  I thought I had settled on the 16-35, but this video brought up an interesting concept.

The interesting concept that was brought up was using a 50mm prime to shoot landscape and then stitching photos together.  The comments section seemed split, with folks saying it works great for large static landscapes (like mountain ranges) but poorly when there is movement (such as trees in wind, water, etc.).   The majority of my shooting will be parks with high grasses, trees and water as I am not in a mountainous area, so my subjects are much more likely to have motion.

Would love to hear any personal experience or recommendations for this?  Is the commentary correct?

Thank you kindly!

RD

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow