canon 70-200 L f2.8 on a7rii

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 43,169
Re: canon 70-200 L f2.8 on a7rii

Tbamed wrote:

I have been using on manual the nikkor 80-200 push pull version with a7rii,

But I'm planning to get the canon 70-200 L version,in combinaison with the metabones, anyone "still" using the canon, lens, does it worth the investissement ( it a poor man solution, can't affrod for the moment the expenseive sony lenses) ?

The 70-200/2.8 L is a very good lens and used to be the darling of all the wedding photographers on the 5D(somethings) dslr bodies around these parts.

I am not a commercial photographer but have one of those lenses which was used on dslr then later adapted to other mounts.  It is an excellent lens but is also a very large and heavy lens.

There may be physically smaller format lenses with this capability that can be adapted but I cannot advise on their image quality.

Myself I have also had very good results with the Panasonic 35-100/2.8 on M4/3 which gives the same reach and also has internal focus/zoom. It is not an adapted lens and is tiny by comparison. Its equivalent on FF sensor is f5.6 but this has not stopped it making quite acceptable images even in lower light condtions.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow