Flash with trigger for Nikon Z6/Z7 II

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KLH475 Senior Member • Posts: 1,768
Flash with trigger for Nikon Z6/Z7 II

Greetings All,

I am a total newbie when it comes to flash photography. I have been given an opportunity to assist at a local ballet studio for dance photography including portraits and action photography as well. The present photographer with whom I will be working has very little time outside of the actual photo shoots so I am asking here, for advice on choosing my first flash unit for my Nikon Z6/Z7 II. His set-up is at least 3 umbrellas/softboxes with flash units in each umbrella/softbox set off by the trigger on his Sony. What I am looking for right now is for advice on a good flash unit and trigger to use as my base for learning how to use flash, one that will be expandable/able to interact with other brands as well. I have an account with LinkedIn Learning (it used to be Lynda.com) and will be taking some online courses to become familiar with flash and studio lighting. I am expecting, based on my long desire, to use my knowledge of flash/lighting in other ways and am both excited and enthusiastic about this step in my photography knowledge and experience.

Thanks for your advice,

Ken

-- hide signature --
 KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon Z6 Olympus E-M1 III Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow